2 years ago
... the Mission of Siskiyou Pathways is to provide students with an educational option to help them be successful in their academic pursuits.
Siskiyou Pathways is for students in grades 9-12 who are seeking a non-classroom based program and want to design a flexible educational program that meets their individual needs, interests and learning styles.
- Students in the Siskiyou Pathways Program will identify a home community high school where they may elect to participate in athletics and graduate with their class.
- Students will meet initially with their instructor to design their individualized learning plan which includes a selection of courses, extracurricular activities, and future goals.
- Students meet daily/weekly for live interaction with their instructor to receive help, turn in assignments, get new work, and monitor progress of their individualized learning plan and progress toward graduation.
- The academic coursework is equivalent in content and rigor to the traditional classroom. Students need to schedule 30 or more study hours per week to stay on track for graduation.
- Students will have access to academic support where they can receive academic, social emotional assistance and access to technology in each of the school communities.
- Courses meet A-G requirements for application to University of California programs